Protein is important and ensuring that you get adequate levels means getting creative when it comes to mealtime.
Here are our favorite high protein recipes that the whole family can enjoy.
Spicy Black Bean Burger
- 15 oz. Black Beans
- Burger Buns
- Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Yellow Onion, Finely Chopped
- 1/2 cup Fresh Cilantro
- 1/2 cup Italian Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tbsp. Minced Garlic
- 1 Large Organic Egg or Egg Substitute
- 1 tsp. Oregano
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Paprika
- 1/2 tsp. Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Adobo All-Purpose Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- Drain canned black beans and add black beans to a large bowl and mash using a fork.
- Add onions and remaining burger ingredients and seasonings, mix, cover, and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Form bean mixture into patties and cook at medium to high heat for 5 minutes.
- Build your burger and enjoy.
Walnut "Chorizo" Tacos
- 3 cups Cauliflower Florets
- 2 cups Whole Walnuts
- 2 Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Pulse all ingredients in a food processor until evenly ground before transferring to a greased or parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring halfway to prevent browning.
- Use walnut taco mixture with your favorite taco toppings.
Chickpea Noodle Soup
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 Onion, Diced
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 5 Medium Carrots, Sliced into 1/4-inch Rounds
- 4 Stalks of Celery, Diced
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 7 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 (15-ounce) Can Chickpeas
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 8 ounces Vegan-Friendly Pasta Noodles
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Once hot, add oil and onions and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add garlic and sauté for 2 minutes more. Then add carrots, celery, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then add broth (starting with lesser amount), drained rinsed chickpeas, and bay leaf. Bring to a low boil.
- Add noodles and once pasta is soft, cover and reduce heat to a low simmer. Simmer for 15 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.