These amazing plant-based Jackfruit Tacos will be a delicious pop of brightness in your mouth and you won't miss the pork at all.
- 3 (20-ounce) cans young green jackfruit in water, drained, rinsed, and squeezed dry
- ¾ cup neutral cooking oil (such as grapeseed), plus more as needed
- 5 tablespoons fresh orange juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Salt & Pepper
Remove any seeds from the canned jackfruit and finely chop until the texture is shredded. Then, add orange juice and spices. Mix to combine.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat before adding the jackfruit mixture. Then, press into an even layer, turning occasionally until seared and golden brown, 25 to 35 minutes. Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium. Add oil as needed. Then, remove from heat and stir in the remaining orange juice.
Add jackfruit mixture to tortillas of choice. Top with salsa, avocado or whichever toppings you prefer. Enjoy!